Tyro!

You don't write because you want to say something.... You write Because you've got something to say!!! (F.Scott Fitzgerald)

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Ghostly or Ghastly

I wanted to initially write my next post about my recent trip to Puri, but was just too lazy to do it for last two days. I thought I would do it today, surely.
But, in the meanwhile I heard about something, really ‘out of the ordinary’ bit of news, and was tempted to write about it.

So this is about the “mobile capturing ghosts”!!
Sound bizarre? Interesting? Scary? Or something else??

I heard it about this last night, when one of my father’s colleague, Mitra Uncle came (to give us some home-made nimki). He then told us about the latest ‘bhoot’ entering the cellphones, in many districts of Orissa. It was apparently all in the local newspapers!
Swapan uncle (another colleague) then added that he too heard similar news, and hence I was advised to switch off the phone after 11pm.

????????? hello?? Why?
Yaar mere zyadatar frnds ko tabhi meri yaad aati hai, and thts whn I get missed calls and sms’s. :P
so its very difficult for me to switch it off man.

Anyhow, the story goes like this…. after 11pm, if you get any call on your cell, from a 11-digit (or also 9-digit) number, you should not pick it up, and not even cancel it. Keep it ringing. Because that’s supposedly the said ‘bhoot’. Incase you receive the call, you will either collapse (the ghost might enter your body via your ear) or the phone might burst and injure you (the ghost wanting to set free???)

I was practically laughing though I couldn’t do it in front of them. A little later I just wanted to check it out… incase!!
So I googled, but as expected, nothing of this sort was found.

It’s hilarious. Rumors are alright.. But this kind? Technology is going places! To the bhoot land??
So I just brushed it off as a good joke. Bt today when I woke up, and was going through the paper (Statesman here), this was the front-page news! Also in the Indian Express!
People are injured and admitted to the hospitals, fighting between life and death. Police is looking into the matter, while the network provider brushing it off as a rumor. The write up also mentions 3 numbers, which could probably be the ghost’s!

Now the question still remains…. Yeh majra hai kya? & yeh bhoot kaun hai?
Some bhatakti hui aatma??????????????????????

And just when I am writing this, NDTV India is also showing the same news (hello, main bhoot bol raha hun)!!

13 Comments:

  • At 3:51 am, Blogger Lalit Singh said…

    And the gold goes to *me*....DRUMROLLS

    GAWD!! I dont believe this..Aisa sach mein ho raha hain... i need to know more about this.. will check out the papers on net.
    Thanx for the very imfomative piece mausi.

     
  • At 6:25 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ist april aane mein abhi time hai ji!

     
  • At 7:04 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey agar there is even a bit of truth in that then pls bring news paper cuttings while u come back

    i have gone thru news all sort and net but i have found any bit of that ghost stuff

     
  • At 7:55 am, Blogger R said…

    1st april ke liye hai!

     
  • At 8:18 am, Blogger prem said…

    Thats hilarious!....what a weird imagination! :P

     
  • At 8:40 am, Blogger prem said…

    Whenever I get comments from strangers, people I dont recognise howsoever hard I try, I dont understand how they stumbled onto my page? But its always good to see new people around...

     
  • At 12:22 am, Blogger AJ ! Serendipity !!! said…

    funny

     
  • At 11:19 pm, Blogger ~ Deeps ~ said…

    now thats really funny.....

     
  • At 7:38 am, Blogger R said…

    UPDATE!

     
  • At 11:29 pm, Blogger ~ ॐ ~ said…

    oh boy !!!!

     
  • At 12:20 am, Blogger Lalit Singh said…

    long time mausi
    kahan ho?

     
  • At 12:24 am, Blogger Ladybird said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:26 am, Blogger Ladybird said…

    very much like that of the monkey-man long time back!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home